Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tasting the cold

I am slowly getting over the cold, or propably two colds in a row. Instead of the usual suffering, I did a bit of user experience research. I tried to analyze the symptoms, find the small details our users may encounter.

I had temperature twice, but they felt different. First time I was tired, second time my head hurt. I also found two types of coughs and sore throats. Do the cold viruses have different symptoms or is it just me? What about a group of people, do the different colds create unique symptom statistics? Interesting findings yet to make!

Wheter the small details in symptoms make any difference or not, tasting the cold is something to try out. In fact, cold-tasting should be regarded high culture like wine-tasting, with unique vocabulary!

1 comment:

  1. Tasting the cold, indeed an interesting idea. I wonder whether cold is something that's only present in certain areas. Do people in tropical areas have a sort of cold too?
    I don't know. But as far as I know, it's really prevalent and a nuisance when it strikes.

    Recently there was a research which showed the connection between spending time in cold (environment) and catching cold. Army guys were the volunteers in this Oulu-based research. As for now, there is still no single accurate theory as to why the cold viruses get more vibrant in environment around -5 to 0 degrees centigrade.

    ReplyDelete